Four ways to give back
Volunteer on a Build Site
Want to swing a hammer to help build a home for a family in need? Sign up for one of our construction volunteer roles. You don't even need any experience to get started as a Crew Member - we'll teach you everything you need to know and provide you with all the tools to get the job done safely.
Volunteer in a ReStore
Looking to give back without having to step onto a build site? Why not volunteer in one of our ReStores instead! With locations in Burlington, Milton and Mississauga, there are plenty of opportunities for everyone.
Volunteer in Our Offices
Do you have a skill that would help us stay organized, promote our work and spread the word about Habitat? Would you like to build practical experience to add to your resume? There are several office volunteer opportunities for everyone, including office administration, finance, family services and marketing & communications.
Volunteer in Our ReVive Centre
Do you want to roll up your sleeves and flex your creative muscles? Would you like to upcycle products and transform them into works of art? The ReVive Centre offers volunteers a unique space to putter around and see what they can build from donated products and materials.
Whether you're a corporate team or a bunch of friends looking to give back, Habitat offers unique opportunities for groups like you. Our Adopt-A-Day program is by far our most popular program for groups over 5 people. Click the button below to learn more about participating in an Adopt-A-Day and to see what other options are available for your group.
Opportunities for youth & youth groups
Are you under 16 and unable to participate on our build sites or volunteer in our ReStores? Did you know there are still a variety of ways for you to give back to Habitat?
We have had a variety of schools, after-school organizations and young individuals in our community this year who have made a difference for our organization through planting urns for our families, hosting plays and concerts to benefit Habitat, selling hand-made greeting cards to raise money for our organization, making videos to welcome our families home and creating banners to hang at our key ceremonies - just to name a few.
Have a great idea on how you would like to get involved? Contact Melissa Foley at or call (647) 470-8413.
Complete your 40 hours in our offices or ReStores
Need to complete your 40 hours before the end of grade 12? We have lots of ways for you to get involved with Habitat. Click here to go through the process to sign up for your first shift now.
Highschool co-op placements with Habitat
We have lots of options for you to get hands-on experience in a variety of fields, including architecture, marketing and customer service. Contact today for more information and to learn which schools we are currently partnering with.
We offer post-secondary placements
Looking for some hands-on industry experience to add to your resume? Look no further! We have some excellent opportunities for you to both showcase your skills and learn new ones to help you land that dream job. Contact today for more information.
Volunteer Positions We're Currently Recruiting For:
As of June 2018
• Architecture Design Assistant (Construction - Burlington Office ONLY)
• Carpentry/Assembly (ReStore)
• Cashier (ReStore)
• Crew Member (Construction)
• Customer Service/Merchandiser (ReStore)
• Driver (ReStore)
• Driver Assistant (ReStore)
• Electrical Product Tester (ReStore)
• Family Services Program Assistant (Family Services)
• Fund Development Assistant (Resource Development)
• Onsite Assistant Coordinator (Construction)
• Paint Tester (Burlington ReStore ONLY)
• Photographer (Marketing & Communications)
• Plumbing Product Tester (ReStore)
• Pricer (ReStore)
• Procurement Assistant (Resource Development)
• Recognition Assistant (Volunteer Department - Burlington Office ONLY)
• Recruiter (Volunteer Department)
• Researcher (Resource Development or Volunteer Department - Burlington Office ONLY)
• Scheduler (Volunteer Department - Burlington Office ONLY)
• Social Media Assistant (Marketing & Communications)
• Special Events Volunteer (Resource Development)
• Training and Development Assistant (Volunteer Department)
• Volunteer Assistant Coordinator (Volunteer Department - Burlington Office ONLY)
• Warehouse Support (ReStore)
• Writer (Marketing & Communications)
• Upcycling Volunteer (ReVive Centre Mississauga ONLY)
NEW ReVive Opportunities
ReVive Centre: An Exciting New Initiative
Help us launch our ReVive Centre: an exciting new initiative at Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga that will help us raise revenue to build more homes. We have created a multi-purpose product development centre that will be used for upcycling, DIY projects, recycling and building things for our stores. Items will be then sold back in our Restore to raise funds for our builds.
We need creative people who love to create things to help us transform pieces into works of art. Volunteer opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- Seeking out items in the Restore that need a little TLC in order to sell, that can be made into something else, and that can be fixed or saved. Or, maximizing donated product/materials and turning them into something or into something else.
- Researching trends (ie. seasonal) or other items that can be created using donated items.
- Assisting with small build projects - developing ‘prototypes’ that can be used for teams to build as part of team building experiences.
- Using small tools and teaching others how to use tools.
- We will need those who want to learn and teach, with varying degrees of skill. You either have a lot of knowledge and high skill-set already and know your way around a toolbox, or want to learn a little more.
- Leading groups - we will need people to lead groups, facilitating sessions on how to build/create things. Health and safety certification is a bonus.
Outside of event/team building days, you can also build/create items serving internal Habitat needs (cost savings) or develop prototypes etc.
For more information about these opportunities, or to learn more about our Build Factory, please sign up to volunteer today or contact us for more information.