In Canada, 1 in 5 households struggle to find affordable housing.
Despite being one of the world’s most prosperous countries, Canada struggles with a housing and environmental crisis. It’s a problem that affects us all. But we can be part of the solution.
How the habitat model works.
Homes are built using partnerships in the community and profits from the ReStore.
Homes are affordable and made available to those that need them the most.
Opportunities are created to build personal equity.
Families build strength when they have a place to call home.
We need to build
It’s time to level the playing field. With a little help, families can be empowered to overcome the barriers keeping them from a healthy and financially stable life. The outcomes are long-lasting and life-changing.
Shopping at the ReStore supports our mission to build affordable homes for our community.
Habitat Halton-Mississauga-Dufferin currently operates four ReStore locations. Our Burlington location was ranked #1 in sales in 2017, and our Mississauga location is currently the largest ReStore location in the province.
The success of each ReStore has enabled us to:
- Use 100% of donations to build homes for families
- Divert millions of dollars a year from landfills
You can help reduce
the housing crisis.
Start in your own backyard. You don’t have to go far to help a family in need. Getting involved with Habitat for Humanity can help families in your community.
Donate your money or unwanted household items to the ReStore.
Volunteer your time at the ReStore or on helping to build houses.
Buy recycled items at the ReStore to help offset building costs.
makes a difference.
- The world is strengthened for future generations
- The planet is protected from unnecessary garbage
- For every $1 invested in Habitat, there’s a $4 benefit to your community
- Your contribution impacts lives with a lasting ripple effect
- More Canadians have a decent place to live
- Those you help give back to the community