November 04, 2021
Ministry of Finance
- Establishing a Housing Affordability Task Force to provide recommendations to the Minister on potential action to make housing more affordable.
- Investing an additional $90.3M over 3 years to enhance the Skilled Trades Strategy.
- Proposing to extend the Ontario Jobs Training Tax Credit by one year to 2022; Investing an additional $5M for the second career program; and Investing in the Women’s Future Program.
- The government is proposing enhancements to the Brownfields Financial Tax Incentive Program to encourage the rehabilitation of contaminated land and support new housing development
- The government will establish a “Centre of Realty Excellence” (CORE), creating one holistic sight line across the public sector for the Ontario government to determine priority surplus properties aligned with key initiatives, including building long-term care.
“Habitat commends the Ontario Government on establishing a Housing Affordability Taskforce. Habitat seeks an opportunity to have a seat at this table to address Ontario’s housing crisis.”