We have a one-of-a-kind fun and engaging volunteering opportunity for you. This Fall (September 26th - November 3rd) Habitat For Humanity Halton Mississauga is partnering with ‘Pumpkins After Dark’, the first of it’s kind. This event will witness magnificent works of pumpkin artistry – 5,000 hand-carved pumpkins that illuminate the skies. Pumpkins After Dark is an unforgettable night of fun and enchantment for the whole family!
We are looking for volunteers to help run our exclusive ‘Pumpkins After Dark’ Habitat For Humanity booth, where we will be engaging with the community, recruiting new volunteers and selling pumpkins as a fundraiser - with proceeds going to support local current and future Habitat For Humanity Halton Mississauga builds.
PUMPKINS AFTER DARK
- Must be at least 16+ years of age to volunteer for this event (great for High School students, looking to complete their 40 mandatory hours).
- Ability to provide own means of transportation to and from location.
- This is an evening event opportunity only. Must be able to volunteer evenings/weekend shifts.
This volunteer position involves:
- Representing Habitat For Humanity Halton-Mississauga as partner and supporter of ‘Pumpkins After Dark’. This is the first annual premier Halloween event, that will take place at Country Heritage Park just outside of Milton.
- Assisting with set up and teardown -open and close- of booth.
- Greeting visitors providing handouts, encouraging and accepting donations in support of Habitat For Humanity Halton Mississauga builds.
- Selling carving pumpkins as a fundraiser with proceeds going to support local current and future Habitat For Humanity Halton Mississauga builds.
- You can volunteer for one night only, or for as many volunteer shifts as you want!
- Event dates are September 26 through November 3, 2019.
- This is an evening event ONLY, running during Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings.
- Shift times: 6pm to 11pm.
- This position allows 5 volunteer spots per night.
- None required
- Orientation provided upon arrival at event.
- Wear Habitat For Humanity volunteer shirt (to be provided) and dress for the weather.
- Willingness to work in a team environment, 2 staff members of Habitat For Humanity will be there every night for support.
- An outgoing personality, outspoken and enthusiasm for communicating with others.
- Country Heritage Park (8560 Tremaine Road, Milton, Ontario)
Additional questions regarding this position?
Karen Robertson Paget (Coordinator at Volunteer Services)
Phone: 905-637-4446 x287