To be considered for our Habitat Home Program, applicants must meet the following criteria.
ABILITY TO PAY
- at least one member in the household working in stable employment
- can afford monthly payments, not to exceed 30% of the family’s total household income (employment income, disability income, child tax benefits, GST rebates, child support, spousal support, etc.)
- no overwhelming debt
- household members must meet program asset limits
- not declared bankruptcy in the past 3 years
NEED FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING
- be living in core housing need (overcrowding, unsafe environment, unhealthy or unaffordable)
- have children under the age of 16 that will benefit from a safe and decent home
WILLINGNESS TO PARTNER
- contribute 500 hours of volunteer work
- be an ambassador for Habitat for Humanity and represent the mission – this involves (1) understanding and agreeing with our model, (2) speaking about your experience with Habitat for Humanity at events, in media interviews or in videos to help promote our organization’s work to the public.
If you wish to express an interest in Habitat Halton-Mississauga-Dufferin’s Home Program, please fill out the eligibility questionnaire form below. Please note that this is a way to help determine if our program is the right fit for your family and is NOT AN APPLICATION for a home.
To read more about our Habitat housing program and qualifications please click here.
Estimated Time to Complete: 5-10 mins
Please complete the following questionnaire for the primary applicant. Information on co-applicants will be collected at a future date if all the pre-screening criteria is met.