3073 Merritt Avenue, Mississauga
about the build
Located near Old Malton Village and steps away from the Malton GO stop. These homes are within walking distance of local restaurants and nearby parks including Derry Greenway, Paul Coffey Park and Albert McBride Park.
- Brand new, duplex unit located in Malton – northeast part of Mississauga
- Each duplex contains 2 units
- Upper two floors – 5-bedroom unit, 2 bathrooms, open concept kitchen/living/dining room
- All appliances, including a washer/dryer
- Driveway and Garage (accessible from outside the house) – 2 parking spaces
There is also a 2-bedroom unit in the basement, which is currently leased to SHIP as part of their transitional housing program.
required family size
We are looking for families with 5 or more people living in the household that are in need of a 5 bedroom home.
required household income
*Family income subject to variation based on project type, family size and location. Eligibility can be impacted by length of employment/debt/credit rating/etc.
mortgage model – deferred homeownership
- Rental period will be 9 years (2022-2031)
- In 2031, families in good standing will be offered the option to purchase the unit at the current market price.
- Families who have successfully completed all partnership requirements (e.g. 500 volunteer hours) during the rental period will be eligible to join Habitat’s Earned Credit Program. The savings can be used towards the mortgage on the home.
- During the first 9 years, partner families (upper unit tenants) will not have any access or rights to the basement units. Upon the transfer of title (ownership), the 2-bedroom basement unit will become part of the family’s property.
1768 square feet